August 2026
In August, I decided to follow a pattern. I knitted a summer top, the beautiful Hatsuki by Rievive. I don't often follow commercial patterns, because I love designing too much, but this one caught my eye and my heart. It's gorgeous and really flattering. Contrary to what I always say, which is that a lot of positive ease only looks good on very thin women, this top really looks better with plenty of positive ease.
The pattern is very good, clear and very easy. So, I followed the pattern almost to the letter, but I did change a couple of things. The main one is that I added a full repetition of the lace pattern to the body. I did this because I found that the top tends to raise up when you lift your arms and I didn't think it would be confortable at all to wear, if it was not long enough for that not to be a problem.
As I mentioned above, the pattern is very easy, almost mindless. The lace in particular is super easy to work, there is no need to count stitches or memorise the whole pattern, because, after a while it becomes obvious where the increases and decreases go based on their position in the previous row. In other words, it is one of those lace patterns which are very intuitive.
I did finish this project well before the end of month. So, I continued working on my long-term sweater, a standard raglan with stranded colourwork stripes (the one I mentioned last month).
Project data
Hatsuki top
Pattern: Hatsuki by Rievive.
Yarn: Rosários 4 Madragoa (colour: 27).
Needles: 3.25mm (US3).

Comments
Post a Comment